Our Client is a leader in Engineering, Camp Construction, Logistics & Procurement and International Development with presence in over twenty countries across Africa and the Middle East. Looking to extend its services in Ghana, we are looking for a dynamic and driven professional to hold the an Electrician:
Purpose of the role: To assemble, install and wire the electrical and control systems in the buildings.
• Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct eventual problem.
• Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
• Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
• Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors. 7. Installation and terminations of both low voltage distribution cables as well as standard medium/high voltage cables
• Installations of MV/LV and HV/MV transformers and substations
• Knowledgeable with fire alarm system
•Interpretation of Electrical drawings
- Qualification • Must have a Registered Electrician License • Electrician tertiary degree; or equivalent • Knowledge of British (17th Edition) and US Electrical standards as City & Guilds 2382 • Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Experience 5 - 10 Years