Our Client is a leader in Engineering, Camp Construction, Logistics & Procurement and International Development with presence in over twenty countries across Africa and the Middle East. Looking to extend its services in Ghana, we are looking for dynamic and driven professional to hold the position of :
The Logistics Manager is to oversee and coordinate the efforts of the different regional procurement officers and ensure logistic efforts are in line with Operational requirements. They will also serve as primary Logistics point of contact logistical issues and supply chain management.
• Liaise and collaborate with regional procurement officers and relevant managers in order to ensure that logistic requirements are met; including regional acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery and final disposal of resources.
• Develop and maintain positive business relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors to take advantage of sales opportunities and minimize overall costs.
• Monitor and coordinate supply chain operations to include inventory control, consolidated price listings across all project sites, and distribution timelines
• Manage the movement of goods (both into Africa and between countries) in order to maximize value and minimize costs.
• Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the Logistics Department
• Provide timely logistical related reports to Management and associated staff on a routine basis.
• Train, mentor, and supervise subordinate staff in the performance of their duties
• Coordinate with Regional Procurement Offices and Finance to ensure the proper invoicing and reconciliations of all payments made to suppliers
- Qualification Degree/Diploma Holder in Logistics or Supply Chain Management • Proactive and able to work independently in a highly entrepreneurial and multi-cultural environment • Proven ability to coordinate logistical activities across multiple projects sites; coordinating logistical movements between multiple countries advantageous. • Strong leadership and team building capabilities • Professional proficiency in English; both written and verbal. Business level French is an advantage. • Previous experience of working in West or Central Africa preferred
- Experience 5 - 10 Years