Responsibilities and Duties:
Concept and proposal development
- Gathers data on client communication needs to inform the development of appropriate communication concepts and proposals to meet their needs
- Develops Communication proposals, concepts, strategies and plans for clients. This should include concepts, proposals, strategies and plans for digital communication.
Client Communication Needs Analysis
- Examines annual operational/marketing plans of clients to determine their communication needs
Support clients to undertake their Editorial Material development (Speeches, Press Releases, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), Feature articles, Newsletters and Brochures)
Attends to client support by undertaking the following;
- Spokesperson preparation
- Works with clients to identify and train appropriate spokespersons for effectively on client messages
- Support Channel selection and deployment
- Works with clients to select appropriate channels for delivering on messages and activities.
- Provides required support to clients in generating awareness and knowledge about their products and services.
- Supports clients with building, managing and sustaining relationships with stakeholders.
Media management and relationship building
- Supports client with media relations and management as follows:
- Provides information on client’s operations to the media.
- Arranges press coverage for clients’ activities as required.
- Cultivates and maintains good relationships with the media.
Technical communication support to Business Development
- Product development
- Advise on new and develop new product and service offerings for the organisation.
- Proposal Development
- Develop technical proposals for pitching to potential clients and in response to Request For Proposals.
- Participate in pitching for new assignments
- Develop and oversee the implementation of effective community relations plans including the following:
- Formative research
- Strategy development – information and programme communication Development and implementation of CSR policies, programmes etc.
Develop Communication Research Concepts instruments
- Oversees the delivery of Communication Research with reports that include analysis and interpretation of data with relevant recommendations.
Planning and Reporting
- Develops annual plans from which weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Prepares reports on work done for clients as required.
- Supervises the preparation of reports on work done for clients by staff of the department.
- Provides technical communication input to the work of components in the Communications Department
- Directly supervises the development and implementation of annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly plans
- Supports the development of reports on the work of the department
- Undertakes performance reviews of assigned staff
- Assists in the evaluation and development of technical capabilities of the Communications staff
- Qualification •A second degree in Communications •At least 10 years’ post-qualification work experience • Experience in the media industry • Considerable Agency experience • Strength in communication research and digital communication • Strong management skills •Membership of Professional Communications body •Ability to manage at least four accounts (mix bag of major and small accounts
- Experience 10 - 15 Years